Do you need help? Post your question on the forum, there will always be a member to help you and give some advice. Ask a new question
Contribute, 36 messages are still unanswered
HowToDo Question : Can I refill a radiator in an oil bath and with what ?

Waiting for a better solution Can I refill a radiator in an oil bath and with what ?

Forum-> Heating & Cooling Repair
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2010 21:46 
oil for frying?
Who has done? How did he do it?
If we can not verify the quality of filtering, we know how to run no risk?

Thanks for your answers

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010 0:11 
Good evening,

Personally, I would not do that. Firstly, why reload?
Has he lost oil?
The oil used is not the same and did not have the same viscosity. You risk a lot and in any case to lose its insurance operation !

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010 2:16 
Good evening,

I got this heating with a friend.
I plugged it, it works fine for an hour. No smell, no noise except a suspicious noise you hear when it starts to heat up (I think that is the case in all the radiators oil bath).
Is it a matter of texture of oil?
If it's just that I risk damaging the radiator, it does not matter. What worries me is if it's toxic or not.

Thanks for your answers

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010 4:31 
So it works correctly?
Why do you charge ?

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010 5:30 
good evening

no it does not fill.

it is filled with a certain amount which is calculated according to its power and its outer casing.

noise you hear is the expansion of was heated.

so it contains the required amount of oil if it is because he lack evidence of leakage and should not keep it...
5: Rebonsoir Robin
Frmu Hello,

To make things clear, I have no certainty about the quality of the oil radiator. She is a friend who took pity on my poor heating (I'm renovating my old house) which gave me two radiators oil baths. She had bought in a flea market, inside there was a note: cooking oil. This explains it.
They seem to work well.
I will continue my test tomorrow, and if nothing can be reported in the day, I adopt it without worry! What do you think?

While surfing a bit, it seems that the already-frying oil used for diesel-engine can be used for radiators icing on the cake: it's green!

Thanks for your answers

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010 6:37 
Rebonsoir Robin,
Bonsoir Frmu,

Pour que les choses soient claires, je n'ai aucune certitude sur la qualité de l'huile du radiateur. C'est une amie qui a eu pitié de mon piètre chauffage (je rénove ma maison ancienne) qui m'a donné deux radiateurs à bains d'huile. Elle les avait acheté dans une brocante, à l'intérieur il y avait une note: huile de friture. Ceci expliquant cela.
Ils ont l'air de bien fonctionner.
Je continuerai mon test demain, et si rien n'est à signaler dans la journée, je les adopterai sans inquiétude! Qu'en pensez-vous?

En surfant un peu, il semblerait que l'huile de friture -déjà utilisable pour les moteur diesel- puisse être utilisée pour les radiateurs, cerise sur le gâteau: c'est écolo!

Merci pour vos réponses.
Post new topicReply to topic    HowToDo Forum Index -> Heating & Cooling Repair All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1