Do you need help? Post your question on the forum, there will always be a member to help you and give some advice. Ask a new question
Contribute, 36 messages are still unanswered
HowToDo Question : How demeaning lintels ?

A solution has been found How demeaning lintels ?

Forum-> Construction & Renovation
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2010 10:10 
Good evening everybody,

I am new to this forum and hope to discover many things.

I wanted to have some tips to correct a blunder that was made on site. When I cast my headers, I would have had to cut up my blocks of lower rank so that the height of the lintels is fair. But in the rush (it is better to postpone the work lendemein to want to finish it that night.) Lintels were sunk 8 cm above the finished coating. I was told that its not mind that I could recharge glue under the lintel. But I think it will be too thick and the glue will not hold.

I therefore ask you to give me council to belittle my 4 lintels.

I already think of some ideas:
- Remove the lintels, the lift (at telescopic), cut the lower blocks and the reseller lintels.
- Cut an oak beam "L" to dress the lintels. Knowing that the interior walls will be stone walls, old style suits me fine. But it may be necessary to make a cornice (Genoese style for the vendee) to move down slope roof and thus protect the beams from the elements.

Thanks in advance for your advice

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2010 10:38 
Cette réponse a aidé l'auteur du sujet.
Good evening,
The solution of the beam L, seems not bad. If the lintel is long enough, break the cinder block under it, at the tables, to place the beam and the seal. Also provide a seal between the hydrophobic parts, so that water can pass. But it's not worth really protect the beam, since it does not support anything.
Good luck

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2010 12:27 
Cette réponse a aidé l'auteur du sujet.
hello

why not add a header to the existing dimension in an IPN or you may dress according to your taste ?
Post new topicReply to topic    HowToDo Forum Index -> Construction & Renovation All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1