Do you need help? Post your question on the forum, there will always be a member to help you and give some advice. Ask a new question
Contribute, 36 messages are still unanswered
HowToDo Question : How much power is supported by lighting ?

Waiting for a better solution How much power is supported by lighting ?

Forum-> Electricity
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010 16:10 
Hello, my question is not really well made but I was wondering if when a bulb burns out, do I change it back by the same bulb power or not?
2 bulbs on 4 of the lighting outside the condominium of the 75W and it's grilled. I found it too hard and wants to instead of 60W or 40W. Is that possible?

In fact, for a given voltage, if I power down, I lower the intensity passing through the bulb. Therefore less powerful lighting.
Conversely, for a given voltage, if I increase the power, then I increase the intensity lighting louder the filament heats up and the life the bulb is affected?
Basically, the choice of a power bulb, there is a maximum but no minimum or I'm wrong ?

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010 18:29 
Hello,
It's not really that. For a given voltage, if the power is less, the intensity is too, but the light bulb filament, which is calculated differently, so its resistance. Whether you blisters powerful or not, will not change the life of the bulbs. This will only change the energy consumption. By cons, there is no problem, you replace the bulbs with a different power

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010 19:32 
Hello

it lights that remain lit constantly you can put CFLs, you'll win in consumption and lifetime
Beware, take good quality bulbs, some cheap bulbs are slow to light

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010 22:00 
Good evening,

Maximum power is often given by the fixture with a maximum power tolerable.

light of long-term switch to energy saving light bulb. If timer stair stay in incandescent bulb.
Acid To +

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010 23:29 
Hello and thank you!
C That's it, there is a maximum power indicated on the fixture. I was just wondering if there was a mini.
Apparently not.
And for the history of energy saving bulbs, for once, the Outdoor lighting is on timer and also the copro has set a minimum I would say. hum. In short, whatever happens, this type of bulb is not right for me unfortunately.
Thing but certainly very surprising coincidence: I replaced the 2 bulbs last night. RAS, light everywhere, No fumbling in the stairwell, it works all night. and this morning, nothing, 4 bulbs do not work anymore.
I'll investigate! ;)
Post new topicReply to topic    HowToDo Forum Index -> Electricity All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1