Do you need help? Post your question on the forum, there will always be a member to help you and give some advice. Ask a new question
Contribute, 36 messages are still unanswered
HowToDo Question : How to ask teak slatted floor on a boat ?

Waiting for a better solution How to ask teak slatted floor on a boat ?

Forum-> Do It Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2010 7:23 
Hello!
My wish is to repeat part of the floor on my boat. The aim is to replace the blades of teak with a space of about 5 mm filled with a seal Rubson. Thank you to all Internet users to kindly advise me for the installation of these boards. Fautil dabord paste them on the merits before the joint?. How to make the joints properly without overflowing. The liquid is so Rubson quil sinfiltre everywhere despite protection with tape body shop for example. Can not clean the burrs. Where are these your teak wood strips that measure about 25 mm wide?
Thanks to all Internet users to your aid.
Regards

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2010 8:47 
Good evening

by experience the ill aged teak marine and requires maintenance to keep it always beautiful

I sometimes ask teak synthetyque of exquisite.
I put the link in MP

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2010 9:44 
Hello,

For teak I do not know.
But for the joints between the blades, the technique is to insert a string across the length of the blades.
Preparation slides with string glued to a board. Then the strings no longer stick when mounting

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2010 10:28 
Good evening!
Thanks for these answers, but as regards the synthetic teak, this solution is not feasible because This partial compensation is in the midst of genuine teak. For what is to insert a string between the slats, I understand, but I miss more. Perhaps soon for further info.
Regards.
Santomé

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2010 11:48 
Hello!
With all this information very interesting, I think now have sufficient evidence and be able to get into this repair. Maind'or thank you very much and all users of the forum.
Regards.
Santomé

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2010 12:27 
Hello,

Instead of string, you can also use braces used for tiling.
acid To +
Post new topicReply to topic    HowToDo Forum Index -> Do It Yourself All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1