Do you need help? Post your question on the forum, there will always be a member to help you and give some advice. Ask a new question
Contribute, 36 messages are still unanswered
HowToDo Question : How to calculate the diameter of two toothed pulleys ?

Waiting for a better solution How to calculate the diameter of two toothed pulleys ?

Forum-> Do It Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010 16:34 
Hello everyone,

I am a photographer and I came up the idea of building an electric panoramic head.
The head operated in two directions: horizontally and vertically is powered by two 12V DC gear motors running at 20t/min 6mm bore.
speed general movement of the head to turn 3.33rpm.

I need two blocks, the smallest has 10 teeth and 60 teeth in the second knowing that they are intended for transmission toothed flat belts.
How do I calculate the diameters of two pulleys?

Thanks for your help ,

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010 18:31 
Hello Teaster

You do not have to calculate the diameter, the ratio of teeth 10 and 60 will give you the corresponding diameter. That gives you 1/6 reduction, good math!

Regards

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010 19:24 
Hello,

The ratio of speed of rotation of the pulleys you do with the ratio of number of teeth. Regarding the diameter of the pulleys, it depends on the effort.

more torque to be transmitted is large and the number of teeth in mesh and smaller each tooth should be large (this is called the module). More teeth are larger and a gear (or a timing pulley) will be great for the same number of teeth.
Acid To +

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010 19:42 
Hello to you both and thank you for your answers,

If I may add two elements, the couple will be of 320 oz-in and pulleys are 1/5 pitch.
I rely on photos of American achievements and technical details are the result of e-mails with manufacturers.
I now seeks to order these parts.
Catalogs are provided so that I am not sure to order the right parts. I know the holes but not outside diameters.

Regards ,

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010 21:17 
Re
Enclosed is a site among others, pulleys with a 5mm steps that can withstand high loads when not seen in Q3 planned for moving small equipment and low speed

http://www.tracepartsonline.net/%% 28S% 29% 2805nhk545xbksx42ivby3jyum 29/global/part.aspx? PARTID = 10-17102008-123509

Regards
Post new topicReply to topic    HowToDo Forum Index -> Do It Yourself All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1