Do you need help? Post your question on the forum, there will always be a member to help you and give some advice. Ask a new question
Contribute, 36 messages are still unanswered
HowToDo Question : How to clear blocked by a lock paint ?

A solution has been found How to clear blocked by a lock paint ?

Forum-> Do It Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010 4:00 
Hello,

lock my toilet is blocked for a long time by several layers of paint, how to put it back in operation?

I already tried to clear the paint on the edges of the lock and kick his hammer on the handle to unlock everything, but without success

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010 6:24 
Good morning, remove the screws to make on the log and brush with a brush of paint stripping product, wear gloves because the product is acide.Après few minutes the paint will soften and you can remove it with a cloth and clean with water.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010 8:11 
Actually, I do not even see the screws because they are covered with paint. Here's a picture: 5537150096703508866

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010 8:48 
Hello again, the 4 screws in the corners you can guess their presence to irregular surfaces. The ideal mechanism is to disassemble and remove the excess paint that is dedans.Ce requiring special care, ask someone's help manual, because it requires a sense of observation mechanism disassemble and reassemble correctement.Le easiest way is to put a new latch

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010 10:25 
Ok thank you for your help, I think, in fact, put a new lock because I do not know how to reach the screw under painting

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010 10:57 
Cette réponse a aidé l'auteur du sujet.
Goodnight,

If you brush the lock near the presumed position of the screws (after having protected with several layers of taped newspaper) of décapex you wipe, and you'll see the screw below :-)

It is possible that there have it on the edge of the door : it prevents somebody who does not remove the key, because the screws are inaccessible.

Anyway, you'll need to remove the change!
To avoid the change, once removed, you dive into jar closer to its size and cover décapex.
With goggles and gloves, this product is quite irritating !
Post new topicReply to topic    HowToDo Forum Index -> Do It Yourself All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1