Do you need help? Post your question on the forum, there will always be a member to help you and give some advice. Ask a new question
Contribute, 36 messages are still unanswered
HowToDo Question : How to cope really tight on a balcony ?

Waiting for a better solution How to cope really tight on a balcony ?

Forum-> Masonry
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010 18:05 
Hello everyone and thank you in advance for your help. I'm redoing the floor with a terrace that is actually a balcony on the floor of my house. The problem is that having no sealing, painting under the balcony had to be redone every year besides water seeping destroying them everything was under the balcony. So, I stand before a new tile, make a seal. A mason told me I had to start from the concrete slab. Then he recommends putting a tar roll directly on the concrete by heating and by making up the sides, then a plastic film (Polyane) so that the cap is disengaged from the concrete slab for reasons of expansion, before the flow. Currently I have already removed the tiles (which left all alone!), I started to break the old yoke that must be about 3 cm thick and was based on 2 or 3 cm of sand. Then I come to the concrete slab that seems smooth. According to you and before I "run", do I follow the advice of the builder or is there a better way? Thank you again for your advice.
Sincerely, JC

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010 18:46 
Cette réponse a aidé l'auteur du sujet.
hello

concrete and tiles alone can not suffice for a good seal. Only a multilayer barrier system will be under tile effectiveness.
The proposal can be effective.
I suggest adding a water repellent to the mixture escapes.

Finally there are specific resins that could replace what is offered to quench balconies
Post new topicReply to topic    HowToDo Forum Index -> Masonry All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1