Do you need help? Post your question on the forum, there will always be a member to help you and give some advice. Ask a new question
Contribute, 36 messages are still unanswered
HowToDo Question : How to count the points of light lighting circuit ?

Waiting for a better solution How to count the points of light lighting circuit ?

Forum-> Electricity
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2010 14:53 
Hello,
Standard NF C 15-100 recommends 8 points max for lighting circuit lighting 1.5mm ² protected by a 10A breaker. But how to count bright spots?

The definition of bright point in asking me question it.

a) A wall switch that controls two account for 1 or 2 points of light? (I say 2.)
B) lighting with spotlights attached to a transformer, how bright point count (1 or the number of spots)? (I say I know nothing:).)

If it comes back to the basic formula P = xi, could be at 2200W max. If we consider a point of light = bulb (60W), one arrives at a consolation of 480W. Which is low compared to the limit hence my question about the counting of light point.

If you can enlighten me

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2010 17:02 
Hello,
Indeed, the standard allows for some interpretation, which is not always simple. You already have the answer in your logic. Two patches account for only a single point of light. A transformer feeding spots in LV also. It would have been better than the standard provides a limt of power per light, unfortunately

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2010 18:06 
Hello
The standard is very specific on this subject "8 points of light" and non-ignition point, to make it simple let's say 8 sockets (2 = 2 points sconces light) Each circuit
2400 W, has 300 VA by point, even for low voltage therefore also 8 = 8 points of light spots !

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2010 18:41 
I add because I misspoke for low voltage spotlights
For these low voltage spots include a point of light per 300W! so 6 spots 50 W = point !

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2010 18:55 
courjus Hi, I think
following publishers and/or editions, there are some differences that can induce bad understanding. (I speak for me) Are you sure the 300VA limit per item, which is paradoxical for two points with two sconces. Maybe can you also tell me what editor or edition, to be sure to have good info.
Thank you in advance. Good day !

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2010 19:49 
Thanks

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2010 22:19 
Here is a link that confirms all my statements!
Http://www.e-catalogue.schneider-electric.fr/navDoc/catalog/nf/little/index.htm
Post new topicReply to topic    HowToDo Forum Index -> Electricity All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1