Do you need help? Post your question on the forum, there will always be a member to help you and give some advice. Ask a new question
Contribute, 36 messages are still unanswered
HowToDo Question : How to dig a long branch ?

A solution has been found How to dig a long branch ?

Forum-> Woodworking
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2010 13:39 
hello, then here,

I am currently embarking on the manufacture of a pipe:
this long pipe made of a wooden stick and a stone fireplace traditionally used in gathering between tribes or to make important decisions.

Brief ,
my question is:

how to dig a long wooden stick (about as big a man's arm), what tool use.

I was thinking 2 techniques:

first Technical
use a metal rod: fine, strong and pointed, the red-hot and pressed progressively into the heart of the industry.
(the problem is I do not know where to find an instrument of the sort).

2nd technique:

branch cut in half, hollowed out and pick up:
but how, with what tools, what glue?

here thanking you in advance

I wish you much love

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2010 15:27 
Cette réponse a aidé l'auteur du sujet.
HELLO
Especially not cut it in half, his performance would be lower, and the result zero. You can do it with a rod of circular concrete sold in the markets for materials, size 8, you file down one of these you end and he made a point, once the work finished you can heat your iron and start making concrete a hole in the first instance I would advise you to drill a 8 per timber, and then you made your continuation with rebar. Regards Jean-Paul

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2010 16:53 
Good evening,
I do not want to be pessimistic, but unless the heart of the industry is very tender, heart of palm style, you will be able Heat your iron, but you do not dig the wood this way. If you have long hours in front of you, try to make a tool for digging, but the operation will be extremely long. I think the Indians did not take any wood for that, they chose a wood very young, so very tender.
Good luck

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2010 17:23 
Good evening

Or push a wood bit flat at the end of a tube of hardened steel or copper (no annealing) of 6/8
Post new topicReply to topic    HowToDo Forum Index -> Woodworking All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1