Bonjour à tous,

Le site Savoir Tout Faire va fermer le 21 août.

Pour poser vos questions aux membres de la communauté et retrouver plein d'astuces, n'hésitez pas à vous rendre désormais sur Linternaute.com, et notamment sur ses forums Bricolage et Auto. Vous y trouverez forcément la réponse à vos questions.

A bientôt !

La Rédaction

Do you need help? Post your question on the forum, there will always be a member to help you and give some advice. Ask a new question
Contribute, 36 messages are still unanswered
HowToDo Question : How to expand an access hatch to the attic ?

Waiting for a better solution How to expand an access hatch to the attic ?

Forum-> Do It Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010 8:22 
Hello,

I would like to install a ladder to access the attic (house)
Now the hatch -> plastic box measuring 55x55cm, on three sides to touch the floor beams on the fourth side of the cross beam is a little further against the box but there is an aluminum rod to hold the sheet of plasterboard ceiling of the room.

Is it possible to expand this trap myself in order to obtain a dimension that would allow me to install a retractable ladder or accordion?
Thank

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010 10:47 
hello

you say "Is it possible to expand this trap myself"

all depends on your skills!

he should know that to broaden your door you'll have to cut your beams but before that we must support your beams, cut, then do a header.
then redo much of plasterboard that you had to break to gain access to your beams

it's a job or should not be missed, quite technical, but achievable!

now is what it's worth, so much work to only access attic has

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010 12:04 
Hello,
Thank you so much detailed operations to be performed.
Indeed, this is none of my skills, I thought he had only cut the plasterboard and aluminum rod and built a new box.
I do not regret asking for advice.

I would appeal to the trades but it is only proper to go to maintain the block VMC!
I prefer to buy a ladder above that I have to this, this will surely cheaper, is not it?
(especially during periods of unemployment is also why I have more time to get interested in maintenance of the house).
Regards

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010 12:26 
hello

quite the stool with a few more steps will be fine and also it will serve you something else has !
Post new topicReply to topic    HowToDo Forum Index -> Do It Yourself All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1