Do you need help? Post your question on the forum, there will always be a member to help you and give some advice. Ask a new question
Contribute, 36 messages are still unanswered
HowToDo Question : How to hide the smell of feces on leather ?

Waiting for a better solution How to hide the smell of feces on leather ?

Forum-> Household and Cleaning
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010 1:03 
Hello, I

malencontrueusement market in a pile of feces on a highway rest area whose toilets were closed (it was night, I don ' I saw nothing and it's not a joke). Despite a good cleaning, my boot leather is impregnated with the stench. Do you have a suggestion to make it go away or hide it?

A big thank you in advance

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010 3:16 
hello

if it's left foot, ca lucky -))

surprising that the odor persists because is the sole that has been in contact.

whether this is the leather that has been touched, wash your shoes with a brush and water to be sure to have everything removed.
dry your shoe with a soft cloth.
your leather is still damp, apply above the earth that sommière found in all good chemists.

as sommière earth absorbs water, remove the potatoes and sommière remetre.

when the leather is dry the smell will have been sucked into the earth sommière !

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010 5:03 
Feel free to follow several wash (with some drops of dishwashing detergents), rinse well, wring with cloths (inside and outside at the same time) and stuff much paper to put the boot in part because the wet form will shrink. Not made by a dry heat source (emphasizes the boards of the leather) but rather in a well ventilated (outside if it's dry).
You can put essential oils after the start of drying (by spraying a dilute mixture in a little rubbing alcohol).
I recommend a base of eucalyptus essential oil (with a little thyme, rosemary, lemon, orange and/or bergamot)
I am not surprised that the smell is worse than it tenace.Là dog poop! When feces are mixed with urine and some residual disinfectants (disrupting the natural degradability) the smell is absolutely sordid !

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010 5:47 
Hello,

One way is to kill the odor of bleach too.
If it can be used !

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010 8:05 
Yes it is a good disinfectant, but I advise against it on shoes and even if the color because it makes the leaves a acidic environment in the heart of leather, which promotes the subsequent development of fungi.
So odors guaranteed to run! That's why I recommend eucalyptus: The smell will not degrade in a bad smell like bleach and is also an excellent disinfectant, and if not as powerful as the sudden he has the The advantage of running much over time ;-) and will not promote fungal

For when the shoes will be postponed heat will bring out the odors c ur leather.
So do not skimp on the washing then essences.Car if the shoes do feel more once washed, it must still insist, because otherwise we may have bad surprises at the end of one hour port ^^
Post new topicReply to topic    HowToDo Forum Index -> Household and Cleaning All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1