Do you need help? Post your question on the forum, there will always be a member to help you and give some advice. Ask a new question
Contribute, 36 messages are still unanswered
HowToDo Question : How to recover heat fumes from a wood stove ?

Waiting for a better solution How to recover heat fumes from a wood stove ?

Forum-> Heating & Cooling Repair
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010 13:24 
Hello, Is there a
type of tubing that allows heat recovery from flue gases?
I was thinking of a casing around which a metal pipe (copper?) is coiled (outside the casing for power sweep) over a length large enough. The pipe is covered with water, closed circuit (pump, basin expansion, control, sensors, etc.)..

Basically, I I like to use this tubing as a heater for a heating parallel and independent of my central heating, which would serve me to heat the basement (not really well insulated, but it would heat recovery on the waste heat) just does not get too cold feet on the ground floor.

I know from the literature of my wood stove (model Olsberg Fayal soapstone) the gas temperature is 360 ° C.
I suspect that performance is not optimal, but I know nothing but the tube that connects the stove to chimney is hot enough to heat and water.

think I have to measure the temperature of exhaust smoke stack (on top) to regulate heating in order not to over cool the smoke and keep a sufficient draw. But that's another story.

Sincerely, Michael FRANKE

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010 15:19 
Hello,

This is called a "heat recovery coil" is used for many business applications, but it is certainly not cheap.

In your case there should be a fast-moving stainless steel model.

A distribution of hot air might be more economical.

Good luck ,

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010 15:41 
goodnight

Recover is one thing, 85% of calories produced heat lesnuages leave, but it remains to be redistributed and there is a whole other worries.

If you have central heating nothing prevents you from using the system by logging on.
Otherwise you have to install one either air (supply fan) is water
Post new topicReply to topic    HowToDo Forum Index -> Heating & Cooling Repair All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1