Do you need help? Post your question on the forum, there will always be a member to help you and give some advice. Ask a new question
Contribute, 36 messages are still unanswered
HowToDo Question : How to redo the silvering of a mirror ?

Waiting for a better solution How to redo the silvering of a mirror ?

Forum-> Do It Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010 15:34 
Hello, I just
retrieve a mirror that my grandfather had done in February 1936, he was very nice, but I'm faced with a problem on some parts, so we do see any more.
How to redo the Tain of this mirror, which has a solution?
Thank you for all answers.
Regards

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010 17:23 
HELLO
To come to your mirror: it is of great value, do not be tempted by a person can do a job on this mirror, this is must leave it as such, and especially do not rub too often, you lose a bit more of tin, remain in the raisonnable.Cordialement Jean-Paul

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010 17:57 
Re-bonjour,
Thanks for your reply, it's nice, is there really a way to redo the silvering, be the same? because I put this mirror in our bathroom we just repeat from A to Z. Very cordially

P. Pauchet

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010 18:02 
Hello,

Yes, of course, there are solutions.
To restore a mirror with the silvering is partially damaged and dive, working on lenvers the mirror. A dune
ugly mini-mill, sand lightly to remove the damaged mercury that is no longer
Clean the surface with a brush and apply powder sterling silver or silver paint on the parts sanded.

Warning: this renovation is done on mirrors that have little value. For a former model and valuable, it is best to hire a skilled artisan.

Artisans at a cost, of course, but your mirror too! A
++

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010 19:15 
HELLO
Especially not in a bathroom, the silvering will leave more beautiful, he does not like the humidity, I did say is that your mirror is of value, and even sentimental. Keep out its protection is essential. Regards Jean-Paul

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010 20:04 
John Paul,
We do not decide the final decision from that post.. We
available, it has
Post new topicReply to topic    HowToDo Forum Index -> Do It Yourself All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1