Do you need help? Post your question on the forum, there will always be a member to help you and give some advice. Ask a new question
Contribute, 36 messages are still unanswered
HowToDo Question : How to remove glue from a former neoprene balatome ?

Waiting for a better solution How to remove glue from a former neoprene balatome ?

Forum-> Miscellaneous (DIY & Works)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010 7:36 
Hello everyone,

Always in my renovation problems of soil, I just pull the old balatome that covered the steps of my staircase.

It was glued with adhesive neoprene! ARGH

The glue is still elastic, hard or impossible to remove (I tried it with a spatula, a wire brush, sanding with P40.). After quarter of an hour, I dropped, I would need six months at this rate!

I still acetone or heat gun (hello fumes!). See the plane, but hello damage and accessibility for cons steps.

Knowing that the staircase is made of wood, in poor condition, I will certainly 'coat and repaint (+ carpet central path).

An idea for my life easier? (I have done better to leave the balatome ^ ^ No, really ugly too!).

Thanks in advance

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010 8:18 
hello

there are products to dissolve the glue neoprene, I use my tools when I n'éttoie full of glue.

the link MP

but attention is not given the product given the number of running and the size and the more must also wear elbow grease

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010 9:44 
Hello,
I answer my own mail because I just cleaned my stairs this weekend ^ ^

I used a brush on a drill.
is "broken ears" (the caps are necessary) and it is a dust monster (especially pellets neoprene glue and old paint) but the result is conclusive!

an intensive working day, I stripped a couple of steps.
For inaccessible corners, finished with the squeegee in hand.
Finally, for a more "soft", I had a stroke sander vibrating with 80.

WARNING: removed the brush still a good layer of wood, so you end up with the grain visible.

I can not bring my wood in the state, the result is not smooth enough, so I'll partially coat and paint
Post new topicReply to topic    HowToDo Forum Index -> Miscellaneous (DIY & Works) All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1