Do you need help? Post your question on the forum, there will always be a member to help you and give some advice. Ask a new question
Contribute, 36 messages are still unanswered
HowToDo Question : How to reproduce the sound of an engine ?

Waiting for a better solution How to reproduce the sound of an engine ?

Forum-> Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2010 21:42 
Hello,

I'm studying engineering school and within the framework of a technical project, we must make an acoustic simulator, simulating the sound of an engine for an electric car in order to limit injuries to pedestrians.

The ideal would be to achieve design a device where the sound evolve as a function of engine speed, speed that you would change just a potentiometer, but already in the first instance, if we could just produce an engine noise would not be bad at all!

Do you have an idea of electronic assembly to produce engine noise?

Thanks for your help !

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2010 23:27 
Hello,

To reproduce this sound, you have various solutions, we must know where you want.
Either you study the frequency curve and you try to reproduce it, or you do mechanically, or you work on a sample (in my opinion, the + single).

A sample placed in ROM, with a knob that adjusts the transmission speed (taken from the accelerator pedal), it must do!

Okay, so, it loses some of the first quality of an electric motor. What is nice is that you can put the V12 sample of Ferrara. :-)

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2010 1:00 
Thanks for your answer robin29, in our case we should not use sample but reproduce the sound of an engine with the mail. Your solution "to study the frequency curve and reproduce" is interesting, but just, you know how to reproduce a sound with a particular frequency ?

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2010 2:09 
Yes, very simply, by saving in a software and studying its curve.
But when the play! There is a huge step.
It may consist of several waveforms mixed (explosions, grinding noises, exhaust, etc.. And to separate them. It will not be of the pie.
It takes a special software for that, and I do not know!

Good luck, anyway the idea is interesting !
Post new topicReply to topic    HowToDo Forum Index -> Electronics All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1