Do you need help? Post your question on the forum, there will always be a member to help you and give some advice. Ask a new question
Contribute, 36 messages are still unanswered
HowToDo Question : How to size a lintel with a range of 4 m ?

Waiting for a better solution How to size a lintel with a range of 4 m ?

Forum-> Masonry
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010 12:01 
Hello, I want to achieve
a lintel of a 4 m long, supported at the ends by walls of Block 20. What should be the section of the lintel and the reinforcement necessary, knowing that there will be over a wall in Block 15 to a height of 2.5 m.
Thanks for your help

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010 12:29 
Hello,
You do not lace! It's not as simple as opening a door or window. List that will support this header, besides the wall 2.50m (Carpenter, etc..) And ask advice from a pro. There are prestressed lintels can help you. The seat of the lintel may not be sufficient on existing blocks. Reinforced concrete piers may be necessary to resume the efforts of both sides, otherwise the header will have to be much longer, to spread the load on the blocks.
Sorry I can not help you more.
Good luck

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010 13:41 
Hello,
thank you for these tips.
In fact the core wall has a chaining and there will be only 15 on the wall of a height of 2.5 m on the lintel. In fact it is a development in a barn that has a roof

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010 15:22 
Hello,
If one understands the question open, under the lintel is well
4.00 meters so a span of 4 meters.
YS09 As stated you need a good seat "at each end of your
lintel "plain: he goes away on either side

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010 16:44 
Good evening, I found the reach too long to support a wall, even with scrap metal would require a significant fall and to make a calculation of weight but I doubt with time (it's on crack.).

has +
Post new topicReply to topic    HowToDo Forum Index -> Masonry All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1