Do you need help? Post your question on the forum, there will always be a member to help you and give some advice. Ask a new question
Contribute, 36 messages are still unanswered
HowToDo Question : How to size an electric motor ?

Waiting for a better solution How to size an electric motor ?

Forum-> Mechanics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010 4:08 
Hello everyone, I

currently working on a project that involves designing a solar tracker with an output of 10kw. This tracker has the distinction of moving from east to west with a crown of orientation and an electric motor coupled to it.

The data I know of are:

- Return of the slewing ring is about 50%
- The speed of rotation of the crown is 0.035rad/min (very low)
- the slewing ring has a diameter of 781mm
- The axial load borne by the crown is 2.5 tonnes, 25000N

How do I calculate the mechanical power needed to move this load in rotation? The mechanical torque necessary?

I do not know either how to determine the dynamic loads such as wind resistance and so on. If I size the mechanical power, I could find the power supply via the return and determine my engine.

Thanking you in advance for your help

blqzz

PS: My apologies to moderators if the topic not suitable for the forum, but I did not know or post ^^

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010 4:12 
Hello, this is an interesting project, could you give drawings or plans to give a clearer picture of your idea ?

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010 5:54 
So here's a quick sketch done by hand. Therefore the axial load of 2.5 tonnes is the masses that supports slewing. So a slew is a rack with a worm. The worm is connected to an electric motor which drives the solar panels from east to west.

And so my big worry for now is to determine the mechanical power required to move by rotating the beast.

I am also looking
overturning moment if there are experts in mechanics in the corner, it would be nice xD

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/2530/shmas.jpg

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010 8:15 
Good evening

Sympa your idea

Ideally it would be as dull as its crown tilted 35 degrees all would be better oriented in the least favorable angles (at sunrise and sunset )

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010 8:55 
J ' I thought there but we'll see her for a future improvement. Here there is only one axis is rotated and the ring that rotates from east to west only. The slope does not vary
Post new topicReply to topic    HowToDo Forum Index -> Mechanics All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1