Do you need help? Post your question on the forum, there will always be a member to help you and give some advice. Ask a new question
Contribute, 36 messages are still unanswered
HowToDo Question : How to stop a seam ?

Waiting for a better solution How to stop a seam ?

Forum-> Sewing
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010 2:06 
Hello!. Completely new to sewing I would like to know how to stop a seam in the middle made of cloth. I should mention that my sewing machine is an old electric Singer Model 96K40. A priori search did not reverse on this machine.
Thank you all for your responses. Regards. Santome

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010 3:52 
Good evening
If I remember correctly there is a step backwards on the 96K40. On the right side of your machine there is a lever that controls the length of the point. Simply raise the lever fully up position for the machine to go back. Make 1cm in March and return on your sewing, you have what is called a breakpoint. If any time you can perform this operation you have to plant the needle at the end of the seam, raise the presser foot, turn the fabric at 180 ° stung by 1cm, plant your hand, raise the presser foot, returned on the tissue 180 ° and stitch the same length. In fact you sew 3 times by 1 cm. The seam will !

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010 4:13 
Good evening and thank you for your reply. I'll check if there in March as otherwise indicated and the board to make several return flight suits me perfectly. A big thank you for this help. Regards. Santome

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010 5:44 
And if sagit a clamp bending in the middle of a garment and you do not want to risk having a package visible, just use the old method equally effective: the knot.
A knot exactly a lasting link to the thread bobbin needle.
model here:

http://nageur.sauveteur.free.fr/divers/noeud-marin.php
voila!
;-)

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010 6:51 
Hello!
Thanks again for these details with the details of the node marine and more. Happiness this site with a big thank you to everyone.
Regards. Santome

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010 7:23 
And last for a precision seam is: do not cut too short (4/5mm) and even if you can squarely lined 15mm left, the node to be on the inside of the garment or otherwise draw the lines after a needle if it is already done.
Happy sewing
;-)
Post new topicReply to topic    HowToDo Forum Index -> Sewing All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1