Do you need help? Post your question on the forum, there will always be a member to help you and give some advice. Ask a new question
Contribute, 36 messages are still unanswered
HowToDo Question : How to treat a frame and a floor ?

Waiting for a better solution How to treat a frame and a floor ?

Forum-> Roof & Attic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2010 11:44 
Hello.
We're going to treat our structure and our floors.
There are traces of ancient beetles (visibly more active) but there are some beetles.
There are different species in the house, oak, chestnut, pine
My question is: xylophene boron or salt? or something else?
I lean toward the boron salt but I'd like your opinion or feedback.
Thanks in advance.

Laurent

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2010 13:23 
Hello,
Salt boron, presented by some as environmentally friendly product is very criticized by others. If you choose to use, ask your supplier (or search on the internet) the data sheet (MSDS) accordingly. This form, which has nothing to do with technical details, you will identify the risks associated with the use, precautions, harm, etc.. According to the original production of this product, different characteristics. A product that can be effectively considered ecological if it is produced in one country can be very harmful if it is in another. In any case headed, whatever product you choose, prefer a treatment center rather than a surface treatment

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2010 15:35 
HELLO I confirm
xylophene that the product is a product I know very well, having to use materials from a vendor, this dates back from 1975 to 1994, it is true that the product was more harmful than the current day, its effectiveness has not changed, but the product so that performance remains the same, nothing comparable to the product (salt, boron) that a product is dangerous to health, and would be carcinogenic, while those for you to see the two products are produced which are treated with a wood surface, but not treatment fond.Cordialement Jean-Paul

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2010 17:16 
Thank you.
I had actually not perceive these aspects (?!).

I therefore continued my research, I saw another produces the "xylene" it speaks to you?
Otherwise xylophene Is it bad for health even after drying or only when you spray?
From what I've read it must either varnish or paint the surface treated with the salt of boron ( because it generates volatile after drying crystals).
bof, bof.

Lawrence
Post new topicReply to topic    HowToDo Forum Index -> Roof & Attic All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1