Do you need help? Post your question on the forum, there will always be a member to help you and give some advice. Ask a new question
Contribute, 36 messages are still unanswered
HowToDo Question : Should I protect my line ?

Waiting for a better solution Should I protect my line ?

Forum-> Plumbing
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2010 9:42 
Hello,

I am trying to take water out of a hundred meters (black hose with the blue line ).

Can I ask directly to soil or should necessarily be protected (sand? sheath?)

Knowing that the water supply already present on my property (the last twenty years) is not protected and it did not seem to traumatize the

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2010 11:37 
hello

why put sand around an EP?
for the simple reason, if your soil has the moves roots, frost, sand does not solidifying as the land that it moves around your pipe and thereby prevents movement of the pipe with the consequences this may have.

more sand added to a plastic mesh, can view your hose when you want in a few years to dig the trench and it avoids a miserable sod

now put a jacket or not to pipe outside?

say before I go counter if there is none, no matter.

put one after the counter has the advantage during a water leak (pipe cracked by freezing) and thawing to warn you of this leak

yes a pipe in the ground when he fled the water flows into the ground and we do not notice that when paying the bill.
the water filled the tube and just spill has its end.
Another advantage of the sheath, if you need to change the pipe, the trench is no longer needed

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2010 11:54 
Cette réponse a aidé l'auteur du sujet.
hello you has not sheathe your EP, but we must bury the finished floor for a 80cm gel; or you cover it with topsoil without rocks and a bottom trench with sand and a fence

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2010 13:54 
Thanks for those answers that complement each other well. I did not think a jacket would allow me to see a leak, not stupid!

What interested me is basically expectancy life of my pipe unprotected. Golden Hand speaks of thirty years for my old pipe, is it the same for the new? Because if it only lasts thirty years, I'll gainer.

Say in topics that I know, our practices are often overprotective unnecessary or questionable (for eg 80cm deep identical in Lille, Marseille and Besançon )
Post new topicReply to topic    HowToDo Forum Index -> Plumbing All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1