Do you need help? Post your question on the forum, there will always be a member to help you and give some advice. Ask a new question
Contribute, 36 messages are still unanswered
HowToDo Question : Should it a new slab or screed ?

Waiting for a better solution Should it a new slab or screed ?

Forum-> Construction & Renovation
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010 22:01 
Hello everyone,
I'm buying a house, and are currently living in the room - dining room tiled old enough altitude (up to 3.5 cm in places).
I have a floor (floating or glued, I do not know yet) in the living room, tile in the dining room.
The house is old, built on sand. I saw several artisans about this, who go all their different solution: some opt for patching over the tiles, to installing the floor, and again a concrete slab after the jump old tile in the dining room (ask for the future tile over a slab new).
I fear for my part, that if the house comes to rebouger, the patching is insufficient, and need to edit it in a few years.

What do you think? I guess the most expeditious solution is to skip all the tiles to make a tile anywhere, ask my floor, my tile, and voila. But it's also a rather expensive solution.

Thanks for your advice and guidance, see you soon

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010 22:32 
hello

your current tile is broken?
if it is not then your slab does not sink at different places, but rather Your slab was poorly done

if not broken tiles or cracks.

remove the tiles and made a reagreage in 2 times to put everything at

if broken or cracked tiles.

remove the tiles, screed and slab
re-level the sand, do a good reinforcement, RECOULES a slab, then a fork.
then make your tile and your floor !

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010 23:04 
GOOD EVENING
Your old house rather not stir, even in time.
You must break and clear all Level:
You use a wire mesh as the concrete itself lacks strength, as you put pebble mesh too large nor too late more.The not necessary to mortar screed is prepared with cement and sand, but in the case of renovation, one can use self smoothing products (known as patching) easy to prepare (by mixing with the mixing and laying) and implement.

The fork is the sole on which the flooring will be laid finish, smooth the mortar to dry for a very soigneusement.Laissez semaine.Cordialement Jean-Paul
Post new topicReply to topic    HowToDo Forum Index -> Construction & Renovation All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1