Do you need help? Post your question on the forum, there will always be a member to help you and give some advice. Ask a new question
Contribute, 36 messages are still unanswered
HowToDo Question : What choice for a change of floor ?

Waiting for a better solution What choice for a change of floor ?

Forum-> Construction & Renovation
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2010 17:08 
Hello everyone,

I own a house (1870) in which I would like to change the floor because it does not please me and the fact that it moves when you walk on. At some point the blades are disjoint.

I would like to remove the floor, insulate and put a new floor. Currently it is a pine floor (I think) massive 20 mm thick.

I would avoid the addition of layers of wood, so keep the the old floor, and the solutions complex.

What would you do? Would you use a wood insulation, floor?
Thank you for your future responses

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2010 18:28 
hello

Your
floor moves when you step on it. At some point the blades are disjoint. Your house is old.
If the floor is original then try to tighten all the screws or nails to add. Seal the cracks between boards with string. Feed him the floor with del'huile flax and gasoline Turpentine (1l of turpentine for 5 tablespoons of linseed oil).

You could also sprinkle talc, and integrate into the interstices to stiffen your floor

Be aware that wood is a material that works and then moves. The solution for some time: disassemble and remake

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2010 19:37 
Hello,
I did not interpret your message as lds, I realized that you wanted to replace 'existing new!
If you must make your own work and have enough ceiling height, there's no photo, renovating over the existing. After following the explanations of Ids, do a patching, place a layer of soundproofing and rest, such as a floor syntetic, which offers a wide variety of colors and veins.
If you must remove the existing floor, be aware that due to the construction technique of the time, it is likely that the partitions are placed on it. The work is of course feasible, but does not raise some concerns.
Please keep us informed
Post new topicReply to topic    HowToDo Forum Index -> Construction & Renovation All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1