Do you need help? Post your question on the forum, there will always be a member to help you and give some advice. Ask a new question
Contribute, 36 messages are still unanswered
HowToDo Question : What floor joists ctbh22 ?

Waiting for a better solution What floor joists ctbh22 ?

Forum-> Roof & Attic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010 18:50 
Hello,

I need your opinion on the work of construction of roof that is currently conducting a craftsman home. The existing joists (which argued that a ceiling paneling) was 170x30 on a range of 4m with a gap of 60. The craftsman had made me a quote with a reinforcement of 38x200 (screwed onto the existing joists) but is actually being asked of 38x100! With the catch level at some point the 38x100 is 6cm above the joists 170 and is therefore screwed on the 4cm recovery. He tells me it's more than enough (the attic shall be provided with partitions, two bedrooms + bathroom + wc)
When I compare the graphs of standard joists that sounds really more than tinkering !

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010 19:34 
hello

for my part, I think your 38 x 100 is good for what you want to do then your attic!

still check that you install your braces between joists to stiffen the structure and let him finish.

once finished, walk on your floor, hopping and see if it is rigid enough or not!
if it is not made it back!

else attention to your bill if your quote you have 38 X 200 and you have 38 X 100 of the amount raised should be the

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010 22:00 
how could he put braces between the joists on top of 170 which he set the reinforcements of 100 (of 100 spacers ?)
Post new topicReply to topic    HowToDo Forum Index -> Roof & Attic All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1