Do you need help? Post your question on the forum, there will always be a member to help you and give some advice. Ask a new question
Contribute, 36 messages are still unanswered
HowToDo Question : What glue for my moldings ?

Waiting for a better solution What glue for my moldings ?

Forum-> Do It Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2010 0:51 
hellos.
I meter of wood molding on the corner of the wall and ceiling and I want to know how to fix them (6x1.5 moldings).

thank you for your answers.
Freva

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2010 2:32 
hello

There are special glue tube molding but it is quite expensive.

Several types of adhesives may be suitable for bonding. Inquire. However, the quickest and most effective is the hot glue with a glue gun. It works with glue sticks

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2010 3:44 
Hello,
acid To my knowledge (I say this because there are always new products come) should contact cement (neoprene), gel is better.
I made quite a show like this.
Preparation property element, cut, sanded, etc..
You put the item glued, largely (but not beyond it) by drawing waves. You apply on the wall, applying pressure, then remove and place on land. It is half the glue on the wall. Allow to dry to the finger no longer sticks. At that time (10 min or less), set out your item in front, and apply at once, and press it, it is now.
Note, not entitled to the Error: once installed, it's over (hence the name contact cement).
If you miss once, go immediately to a rifleur off and start having scraped the glue to the max.

To a beautiful finish, it is important to do everything around the coating so there have not "black" between the rod and the wall.

This technique has the advantage of avoiding the nails should be driven out and filled, for a beautiful record.
But in some cases, it is necessary to use nails!

Good work

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2010 5:26 
re.
While neoprene glue is effective but it can irritate the user (skin burns for example) and it is polluting.

If you choose to use it be careful.
Do not use if you plan to dismantle.
hello damage.

But hey! For a ceiling it will not happen anytime soon.
And before installation, paint if necessary before
Post new topicReply to topic    HowToDo Forum Index -> Do It Yourself All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1