Bonjour à tous,

Le site Savoir Tout Faire va fermer le 21 août.

Pour poser vos questions aux membres de la communauté et retrouver plein d'astuces, n'hésitez pas à vous rendre désormais sur Linternaute.com, et notamment sur ses forums Bricolage et Auto. Vous y trouverez forcément la réponse à vos questions.

A bientôt !

La Rédaction

Do you need help? Post your question on the forum, there will always be a member to help you and give some advice. Ask a new question
Contribute, 36 messages are still unanswered
HowToDo Question : What tool to cut old rafters ?

A solution has been found What tool to cut old rafters ?

Forum-> Roof & Attic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2010 9:16 
Hello everybody,
during repair of the roof of our old Briard (1786) one of the panels could not be freed from its old rafters (even this plating onto a parts in which we vivont).
Today for us to lay the lines for the new insulation and new plating, we want to cut the old rafters (no space here for screw the new lines on the rafters is very small). Note worry is that the space for cutting the rafters is very limited and also prevents us from using a circular saw, anyone knows there a tool suited to this kind of situation or a trick we avoid having to do everything has a handsaw?
Thanks in advance for your advice !

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2010 11:39 
Cette réponse a aidé l'auteur du sujet.
Good evening, you can find in hardware stores and electrical saws are saws égoines.Ils have the advantage of being able to spend in hard to reach areas, avoiding efforts

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2010 12:36 
CastorMalin Thanks for the quick response!
Indeed I saw saws sword but, a priori, the blade length is not sufficient (these are old rafters to the old who are up to 20 cm thick)

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2010 13:21 
Good evening,

A chainsaw is dangerous to use, but should perhaps do the trick.
acid To +

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2010 14:20 
thank you for your reply Paroroma but the space is too inadequate to slip a chainsaw without touching what should remain in place. we finally decide to go for it with a saber saw.
Thanks again for your help !
Post new topicReply to topic    HowToDo Forum Index -> Roof & Attic All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1