Do you need help? Post your question on the forum, there will always be a member to help you and give some advice. Ask a new question
Contribute, 36 messages are still unanswered
HowToDo Question : Why does my sewing machine motor spark ?

Waiting for a better solution Why does my sewing machine motor spark ?

Forum-> Sewing
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2010 6:23 
Hello, <br/> <br/> My sewing machine engine is idling and it gets stuck when the needle is in the top position (the arm goes down very slowly with a movement sacada ). <br/> <br/> I removed the plastic casing to see inside, clean. and when I turn my engine is turned on (using my pedal), there are sparks. After the dust sucked, I retried to run the engine but there were still sparks. I even fear of creating "a cloud of dust" inside since there are more sparks! <br/> <br/> I do not want to put the Fire at my apartment, so I count on your testimony to tell me if there is a way to remedy this situation or if I can just buy an engine or a machine! <br/> <br/> Thanks in advance for your response <br/> <br/> Melilette

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2010 7:07 
Good evening

do these sparks are the motor brushes?
if the sparks are on the collector, the turns are short-circuit in the rotating part and your engine is to change

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2010 8:59 
HELLO
Please contact its brand and model, SVP.merci
First check worn brushes. Regards Jean-Paul

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2010 11:03 
It is a pickling 9620 (my mother gave me, I think it dates from 1996. But it has very little was!)

I disassembled the engine but it is in a plastic cover that I could not remove. I do not think I could distinguish the motor brushes.

Thanks for your answers

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2010 13:12 
good evening

coals are replaceable and therefore accessible.

You have not answered: where are the sparks ?

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2010 15:16 
Goodnight, imperfect contact between brushes and commutator motor is the source of ignition. If the phenomenon is too important, replace the brushes and clean the collector

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2010 16:24 
GOOD EVENING
Thanks for the feedback, for information, before replacing the coals, make sure nothing is burnt around (the turns for example) if nothing is suspicious replace coal. Regards Jean-Paul

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2010 16:30 
Goodnight melilette

If your machine little used as you say I doubt that your engine has a problem. Sparks in such an engine are normal except if smoke comes out when you turn it.
In lift the belt from the motor and let it run if it runs smoothly and smoke-free, see if your machine does not have a hard spot.
A +

Regards
Post new topicReply to topic    HowToDo Forum Index -> Sewing All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1