Do you need help? Post your question on the forum, there will always be a member to help you and give some advice. Ask a new question
Contribute, 36 messages are still unanswered
HowToDo Question : Why is a burning smell in my clothes dryer ?

Waiting for a better solution Why is a burning smell in my clothes dryer ?

Forum-> Home Appliance Repair
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010 15:26 
Hello everyone,

is my problem with a condensing dryer brand BRANDT ETE6505F model bought in 2006.

When I make a dryer at a given time cycle, a burning smell and feel is just the clothes stink. This is not a specific time cycle.
This can occur 30 minutes or 1 hour.

I disassembled the dryer in 2008 to change the starting capacitor and a complete cleanse at the same time.

Very recently indicated the problem occurred. I disassembled the unit and found a piece of plastic had melted completely at the felt side resistance.
I cleaned the unit entirely. Two were made completely dry without worry and again the same problem.

Redémontage and then I change the runner plastic drum that supports the opposite side of the resistance and I notice that the reinforcing plastic ring are a little worn by the friction.

Despite changing pad, the burning smell returns. This does not come from the resistance that is clean nor klixon that work well, the side bearing resistance does not seem to have gambling
This does not just more noise filter that shows no trace black.

A little help would be desirable as this product is nickel at that.
Thanks in advance

Regards

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010 17:48 
Good evening, maybe the problem is the thermal safety normally shuts down the heater if the temperature exceeds a threshold. In some machines, this relay automatically resets when the temperature fell below a preset value, but more often it must be reset manually
Post new topicReply to topic    HowToDo Forum Index -> Home Appliance Repair All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1