Do you need help? Post your question on the forum, there will always be a member to help you and give some advice. Ask a new question
Contribute, 36 messages are still unanswered
HowToDo Question : Why is my electric water heater does not work ?

Waiting for a better solution Why is my electric water heater does not work ?

Forum-> Heating & Cooling Repair
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2010 21:51 
Hello,

I need your help for a problem with my water heater.
My water heater is 4 years old and the thermostat has been changed 2 times.
Each time the same scenario: more hot water, plumbing test the thermostat with the ohmmeter and find that it is HS.
Except this time on a pod that connects the thermostat is melted (the plastic that surrounds the pod)
In your opinion where does that come?

It is still not normal to have to replace every 2 years the thermostat?
Why is it a pod fondue?

I said that every time we replaced the thermostat, it was not using HS reset by switching the safety (it working at all).

My water heater is 300 liters Atlnatic

Thanks for your help

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2010 23:21 
Hello
If the terminal is "melted" is due to poor contact or poorly crimped terminal worn (do not tighten a lug, replace)...
2: HELLO
It is not normal for your system's security thermostat, do not disable it if something goes wrong, security is required on your hot water tank without it your hot water tank could explode, too intensive crosses probably the connection system to the board, it would be desirable to know the amperage that supplies your camera, because your thermostat am hs 2 times suite.Cordialement Jean-Paul

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2010 0:48 
BONJOUR
Il n'est pas normal que votre système sécurité du thermostat,ne ce désactive pas en cas de problème,une sécurité est obligatoire sur votre ballon d'eau chaude,sans celle-ci votre ballon d'eau chaude risque d'exploser,une trop forte intensité traverse sans doute le système de branchement au tableau électrique,il serais souhaitable de connaître l'ampèrage qui alimente votre appareil,du fait que votre thermostat sois hs 2 fois de suite.Cordialement jean-Paul

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2010 1:44 
Hello

I confirm the message rionel a pod that took the game result various changes of thermostats, or was oxidized in the last removal. An arc occurred, the terminal was heated, which melts the plastic.
When the problems associated with thermostats exchange has there been a genuine part?
Regards

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2010 2:33 
Hello
???????< The Photo br/>
Needless to charges to be controlled amperage, it is 14.35 amps and resistance and 16 ohms.
For the terminal, replace it, there is a risk of burn mark on the thermostat

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2010 4:57 
http://www.casimages.com/
Make a copy/paste of the third address
Post new topicReply to topic    HowToDo Forum Index -> Heating & Cooling Repair All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1