Do you need help? Post your question on the forum, there will always be a member to help you and give some advice. Ask a new question
Contribute, 36 messages are still unanswered
HowToDo Question : Why my new battery will discharge does in two days ?

Waiting for a better solution Why my new battery will discharge does in two days ?

Forum-> Car Repair & Maintenance
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2010 1:00 
Hello everyone, I'm new to this site and this is my first time!
Here is my problem: I own an Audi A4 Cabriolet 2.4 V6 (petrol). I left in August last 3 weeks and when I returned on 01/09/10, the battery was flat. I started up the cables and there are 10 days, no problem. But when I wanted to start 23/10/10, nothing, still flat after nearly two months. I had to reuse the cables but this time it only lasted 24 hours. So I bought a new battery Bosh (the original having 8 years) and there rebelotte. 48 and nothing despite a journey of an hour over 2000rpm.
Is it the alternator stops charging?
Small precision, my self sleep in a closed box and I'm no changes (mounting post or anything)!
Thanks for your help ;-))))

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2010 1:59 
Beonsoir, one of the first checks to perform on the alternator is the voltage débitée.La measurement can be made easily on the battery terminals because the potential (volts) of the alternator and battery are égaux.Moteur thermal dark, only the battery power source. The voltage should be around 12 to 12.5 volts.Si the engine running the voltage should be close to 14.5 volts.Si is not the case is there a check connections défaillance.Bien

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2010 2:21 
Thanks for your prompt response. I'll try that but I'll have to restart again because the cables last night when I went to check, there was enough battery to unlock the doors and see the lights on the dashboard.. In contact guide, I had the right to a poor click:-S
Post new topicReply to topic    HowToDo Forum Index -> Car Repair & Maintenance All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1