Do you need help? Post your question on the forum, there will always be a member to help you and give some advice. Ask a new question
Contribute, 36 messages are still unanswered
HowToDo Question : Why my radiator towel warmer is HS ?

Waiting for a better solution Why my radiator towel warmer is HS ?

Forum-> Heating & Cooling Repair
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2010 10:11 
Hello,

Like many, I have an electric towel radiator Acova not very old, which does not heat up. Question Is this resistance or the thermostat? I got the radiator open the box and pulled out the resistance. Since I do not ohmmeter at hand is that I can connect directly to the resistance 220, without going through the box to see if it heats?

Thanks

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2010 12:22 
Hello,
If you can not go wrong in the connection of the son, yes you can do this trick, but with minimal precautions. Open, the electrical panel, the breaker feeding the line of towel warmers, plug the son, close the breaker. Once you have found the operation or not towel dry, open again the circuit breaker and the redébranchez son. Do not let it work this way.
Good day

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2010 14:29 
Thanks, the test shows that the resistance heater. So this is a problem with the thermostat housing. You can find the BTimer1-S for sale on http://www.laboutiqueacova.fr/boutique/fiche_produit.cfm?ref=BTIMER1-S&num=6... For the cons box mounted on my camera (Acova Cala 1000 W) is the S-BP2, which seems to have been replaced on some models by BTimer1-S from 2006 (http://www.acova.fr/ServiceConso/Professionnel/Sav/FichesProduit/FASSANE_TMX_Avril1997_Mai2003.pdf). In the absence of more precise specifications, do you think the BTimer1-S can do the trick ?

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2010 16:33 
Cette réponse a aidé l'auteur du sujet.
Good evening,
Precisely, what are the characteristics that will indicate if one can replace the other. Anyway there is nothing complicated in a control box like this, so I think the most important and the new package is positioned to replace the old.

Good evening
Post new topicReply to topic    HowToDo Forum Index -> Heating & Cooling Repair All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1