Do you need help? Post your question on the forum, there will always be a member to help you and give some advice. Ask a new question
Contribute, 36 messages are still unanswered
HowToDo Question : Why the clickety-clack in my aluminum radiators ?

Waiting for a better solution Why the clickety-clack in my aluminum radiators ?

Forum-> Plumbing
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010 15:07 
Hello, I just found your site and I find great, so I would ask my problem.
We have 6 aluminum radiators (installation 2009). Over 6 radiators, installing 5 were fitted thermostatic head valve and 1 in the normal bathroom (towel dry) by dual heating and electrical normal winter in mid-season when heating is stopped. We had no noise in the radiators. We just this year to change the valve of this dry towel radiator thermostat head horizontal and we like the noise of hammering in the radiators, when one after the other as soon as we turn our head a little even 1mm noise stops. I should add that all the thermal heads are mounted vertically but slightly bent forward. That he would come there. How to put heads in the horizontal (I read them was absolutely vertical) to that of 2 radiators, it will be impossible because no place near the wall and behind a door. Are there any heads that can be placed horizontally or vertically. Is it an obligation to put them horizontally? Last year everything went perfect. This would he the latter thermostatic head we placed to regulate the temperature, because it is difficult avecune normal valve. I add that heating, we have a pac fan coil units with + these radiators in the rooms. Everything works perfect except the unpleasant noise this year that can start at any time. The installation was not purged of air. But the night we are forced to turn off the heater in the occupied rooms. It's unpleasant.
Thank you very much for your light to enlighten me

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010 15:58 
Hello,

tactac this looks like an unpleasant noise expansion, but on radiators hydronic this seems odd.

Noise Is he strong? Does he think the sound of metal?

Yours ,

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010 18:15 
Thanks for your fast response. Noise can be very sweet as becoming very strong. The first time I heard it I thought it was the neighbor who did the work but the late hour I stopped and I looked where the sound came having never heard before. Looks like someone tap on the pipes. Apparently, he does not come or the radiator or piping, it would seem to be at the head thermostat?? I loosened the clamps, but the entire system is personal and therefore it did nothing. As radiators are hot or cold, it does it anyway, and spends a radiator to another. Only one of the bathroom (so-dry towel radiator) that do not. Thank you again for your help
Post new topicReply to topic    HowToDo Forum Index -> Plumbing All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1