Do you need help? Post your question on the forum, there will always be a member to help you and give some advice. Ask a new question
Contribute, 36 messages are still unanswered
HowToDo Question : Why use repellent before repointing ?

A solution has been found Why use repellent before repointing ?

Forum-> Construction & Renovation

Summary of answers:

L'utilisation d'un produit hydrofuge avant de rejointoyer des fentes dans un mur en pierres permet de limiter l'humidité d'un mur sans toutefois empêcher le mur de respirer.

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010 10:01 
Hello, I live in Britain
a granite house whose exterior walls have some cracks. I would like to repoint the stones at these cracks, using a mix lime (third) and sand (2/3). I heard of a water repellent to put cracks in the plaster before repointing. What do you think? Thank you

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010 10:40 
Cette réponse a aidé l'auteur du sujet.
Hello, the value of a repellent is to prevent the ingress of water or at least reduce it

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010 11:55 
Hello and thank you for the response. I knew that repelled water repellent, but as I read that the glue was bad because it prevented to repoint the wall to breathe, I was wondering if a water repellent did not also limit the respiration stones

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010 12:51 
Hello, the problem of a wall is that it absorbs moisture, especially if the house is old and therefore very poorly isolée.Il is a risk of condensation on interior walls if moisture can pass through most temperatures between exterior and interior are very different

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010 13:19 
Thanks for the reply. So I understand that injecting a water repellent is advised before repointing

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010 14:16 
hello

the repellent is incorporated into the mortar

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010 16:08 
Hello Ids,
must incorporate the repellent into the mortar in what proportions? Thank you

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010 18:00 
Goodnight,
proportions are indicated on the packaging of the repellent, it suffices only to read the recommendations of the manufacturer uses

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010 18:45 
Thank Flam 56
Post new topicReply to topic    HowToDo Forum Index -> Construction & Renovation All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1