Do you need help? Post your question on the forum, there will always be a member to help you and give some advice. Ask a new question
Contribute, 36 messages are still unanswered
HowToDo Question : With what process a work plan wooden kitchen ?

Waiting for a better solution With what process a work plan wooden kitchen ?

Forum-> Woodworking
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2010 12:18 
Hello, I installed
a beech worktop in my kitchen. He did apparently received no treatment plant, I know which product I could be treated to protect it from water and if possible, place hot items on it

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2010 14:11 
Cette réponse a aidé l'auteur du sujet.
Hello,

careful use of natural products and food contact quality, you're in the kitchen!

I suggest an oil processing Tough to rosin, wood oil, castor oil, turpentine Portugal, silicic acid, and drying agents free of lead, count about 20 75cl in the pro shop. Apply liberally with a brush and let dry 48 hours.

Good luck ,

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2010 14:39 
hello,
a moment I was afraid. All these products are assembled in a single bottle?
do this oil cured? should I repeat the treatment regularly and do the work plan will withstand the heat after? or find this product?
I heard of vitrification of polyurethane varnish. I do not know what it is and what result you get. course, this is certainly not food grade.
I would prefer a natural Poducts but it also depends on the result.
thank you

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2010 15:37 
hello,
first of all, thank you for your reply.
I found two products that matches what you are talking to Leroy Merlin.

the former is an epoxy resin which takes place in two sets, the first colored or transparent and the second that acts as a hardener. the result is several mm thick and has the benefit of filling joints and imperfections in the wood. I do not know the heat resistance and there is nothing in the green.
the second is an oil like you mentioned, which happens in two to three layers following porosity of the wood. tint it slightly (which makes good on beech) and makes imperm├ęble to water and stains. the wood seems hard and should normally resist wear and heat. There are two versions of this oil, one green, the other not. (We took the green). All products are brand V33 and for now we are happy with the result.
thank you
Post new topicReply to topic    HowToDo Forum Index -> Woodworking All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1